Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Follow up: Success!

Great news! I wrote a follow up letter to Games Magazine about two puzzles I submitted recently. This morning I receieved a mail back from the editor and she said that she will be using the puzzles but did not know which issue. But, it's progress!

"Although I don't have any publication dates yet, I should be able to use them in GAMES sometime soon."

This is positive news! I am going to keep this up. One out of 16 is not bad so far, considering most of the places I pitched say they respond in 4-6 weeks or longer! Cross your fingers!

Donna

7 Comments:

Blogger Terah said...

I must say, I'm addicted to reading your blog. Congratulations on your acceptance and future successes.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog so much I've linked it on my page. The reply sounds promising. I'll pulling for you. Oh and I saw a mention of your blog on mediabistro.com.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Query-A-Day said...

Thank you guys so much for reading!!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I like your approach to career building.

The freelance lifestylehas its up and downs and its nice to know we might be sitting at our desks alone, but there are others just like us out there.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home