Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Somewhere between Day 11 and 12

Hi all!

I just wanted to thank some of the people who have taken the time to write me. I was given some encouragement and an alternative place to pitch the rejected Chronicle piece. (Which by the way was sent out right away.) I won't cheat and count that as a new query for a day, however.

I also just stumbled upon another writing blog that featured this blog- thanks to the gang at WrittenRoad.com, a writing blog geared toward travel writing. I became lost there for a little while-- good stuff.

Knowing the EW is a bigger publication, I also pitched the Soup story to USA Today's feature editor. I have an interview lined up and just need somewhere to put it! Any ideas?

That's it for today! Going to hit the sack now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Leo said...

Hey Donna, we're thrilled to cheer you on and thanks for the mention. Any chance you can change the link on your site to WrittenRoad.com?

Keep at it! And let us know when the queries get responded to and you start getting your acceptance letters :-)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home