Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Soup of the" Day 11

I've been learning that one of the best ways to break into the larger publications is with FOB pieces. Entertainment Weekly has a News and Notes section, which accepts freelance submissions.

I queried them this morning about a project Survivor alum Rob Cesternino has started- an interactive web show called Soup of the Day. This concept is pretty darn cool and I haven't seen any mainstream coverage of it yet, so perhaps the editor of that section will find it intriguing.

Some housekeeping:
I sent some follow-up e-mails to editors I sent pitches to last week. Hopefully that will help keep me top of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home