Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

MediaBistro

Hello! This blog has been featured this morning on MediaBistro- so, I just wanted to say hello to everyone who stopped by, clicking on the link from mb. Thanks for visiting. I've received some feedback on this project via comment and e-mail. THANK YOU! It's nice to have the support of fellow freelancers.

If anyone has any advice or tips or success stories, feel free to share either as a comment here or e-mail to me from my profile page.
There are just so many stories to tell, so many great writers out there and lots of great places to be published. I guess it just all comes down to the right combination of those three! Thanks again for visiting my blog. As I get accepted, I plan to post entries as "Success Stories." So, here's to getting one of those soon.

Cheers,
Donna


5 Comments:

Blogger PunditMom said...

Network, network, network. The only reason I think I was able to even get a foot in the door at the Washington Post, was because I knew someone who knew someone who said I could say that they told me to call the editor! They took it on spec, but I figured it would be worth it. And even today, I find that most of the work I get is through some sort of contact v. cold queries.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Joanne
http://punditmom1.blogspot.com
www.mediabistro.com/JoanneBamberger

1:21 PM  
Blogger Query-A-Day said...

Thank you! I love your enthusiasm! Bloomsburg is not far from me at all. Got to love the fair! I live near the Columbia County line border, actually.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

i began freelancing part time not too long ago. more than networking, more than anything else (assuming you can write), you need a good idea. then you need to tailor that idea to the publication. media bistro rocks with its HTPs!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa Romeo said...

Love your stick-to-it-iveness! I try to meet a personal goal of sending out 5 things a week -- queries, essays, letter to ed, reprints -- anything just to keep going and generating feedback.
Yet I have to agree also with punditmom (above comment)....about networking and contacts....something you will no doubt perfect once when your feet hit the concrete in Manhattan this fall. Good luck.
http://www.askanymom.blogspot.com

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ηey just wanted to give you a quicκ heads uр.
Thе ωoгds in yоur content seеm to be running off thе screen in Safаri.

I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post tο
let you know. Τhe style and design look grеat though!
Hopе you get the problеm fiхed soon.

Many thanks

Here іѕ mу hοmepаge;
www.basketballwivesseason5.com

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home