Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The weekend: Days 13 and 14. (Co-Ed Games??)

Hello all!

Busy weekend. Wilkes University had graduation. While I will be a summer graduate, I attended some activities. (The summer ceremony does not have anything special, so I celebrated early!) The morning started out with a wonderful breakfast with the graduation speaker, noted journalist and author Charlayne Hunter-Gault. Just a few students were invited to attend, so I was very honored to be there. It was myself, a few other members of the campus newspaper staff, my journalism professor, the senior class speaker and another student who was getting the award for highest GPA. She was incredible to listen to! Later on, the communication studies department hosted a reception. It was nice to spend some last moments with everyone. I mean, I am officially done at Wilkes too. If it wasn't for that lab science class I have to take at the community college this summer!

At any rate, with that and some family things happening, I was unable to blog until this evening. But, I have been making some progress.

Since so far the only place I have been published nationally was Kappa Publishing's Games Magazine (three times), I decided that perhaps this was a good market to inform other writers about. I was published three times also on Jenna Glatzer's AbsoluteWrite.com, so I decided to pitch them again with a story on breaking into the games and puzzles market. This isn't exactly a true "writing" market, but it is a fun way to get published!

Since I was unable to pitch something Saturday, I sent out two this evening. The second was an idea I wanted to print in the campus paper, but decided to hang onto it. It is just a short FOB piece on how to save money on road trips, which I pitched to CO-ED Magazine, a newer college-geared magazine.

I also started reading more again! Now that the text books are sold back, I can indulge in leisurely reading once again. Just picked up the Da Vinci Code and Sellevision- I finished Sellevision this afternoon and am going to start the book version of the box office hit tonight. (I know- I am probably the last person in the nation to pick this up!)

Night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home