Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Day 6: Paste Magazine

There is this totally cool guy I know that has a totally cool band. I have written about these guys locally twice. But they are just far too cool to be ignored on a larger scale. I sent a pitch today to Paste Magazine for an interview piece with local group, Felix Sarco.

Along with it I sent clips of the last two pieces I wrote on them. My query letter was pointless, as I do think the clip-- which include the lead singer's way with words, and his philiosophies-- would alone sell the idea. The stuff he said to me is exactly the off-the-cuff stuff magazines like Paste are into.

But, it's not about me being published totally. I would love to have these guys be known about beyond the confines of NEPA and Philly and NYC and the other places they play within a few hour drive of here. I am tired of the same old crap that is out there sometimes-- people need to really be rocked by something different.

And that my friends is why I am crossing my fingers the Paste Magazine will hit me back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bands from NEPA are notoriously terrible, as is the beer.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home