Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Day 4- Children's Book Idea

I like versitility. Keeps me from being bored.

So, in my quest to brainstorm enough ideas to send out a query a day, I looked to my "Idea Box." In it, I found a children's story idea I had a few years ago. I spent some time with it last night, and this morning am sending a letter to a publisher. I had e-mailed them for requirements, and they do not accept electronic queries.

I don't want to put online the concept, but it has to do with Mrs. Claus.

If Madonna and LeAnn Rimes can do it, so can I. It seems as if all famous people get to write children's books. How about accepting an idea from us little people? Wish me luck.

Merry Christmas in May. Hopefully, Merry Christmas to me by way of a response soon.

Donna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home