Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication

A blog following a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States

Cohabitating with boyfriend and cat in the mountains, soon to be graduate of Wilkes University and attending New School University in fall for MA in media studies.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Success: Best News Yet!

I am so super excited!

Yesterday when I came home, I checked the mail. As usual. With sending out queries by the day, I have been waiting for responses. Not that I am a pessimist, but most of the responses I have received in the past (before this blog project)- especially for book ideas-- have spawned rejection. So you can imagine that when I shuffled through the bills and saw an envelope from the publisher I sent the children's book query to, I expected the worst.

It wasn't. I wanted to scan in the letter and post it here, but I figure that at this point, I don't want to jinx myself. It was a letter that said they read my query with interest, and if the manuscript was not under consideration from someone else, they would like to see it. IT WAS AN INVITE TO SEND THE WHOLE MANUSCRIPT. I know writing in all caps is taboo, but come on! This is exciting news and I'd rather use big letters to show my emotion than a smiley face. So, I am this week going to have some people look over it, polish it and get it out there as soon as possible. I am just thrilled! Let's see what happens.

The sad thing is that I've had this idea for years. If I only had the courage to send it out sooner. Or, with the other ideas, I should have resubmitted them to other houses instead of being discouraged. I just need to find the right place for my ideas!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a lesson for those of us who, like you, hesitated on an idea or became disillusioned.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Chaser said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wonderful news!! I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Liz Lewis said...

hi donna,
congrats on latest result. As a developing freelance writer (lizlewis.co.nz),its great to see how others are pursuing their writing career. i look forward to your daily postings. good luck..liz

7:15 PM  
Blogger Senegal Daily said...

That's awesome!! Congratulations!

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home